- This promotional competition (“Competition”) is run by The South African Breweries (Proprietary) Limited (“Promoter”) and is open to all persons of 18 years or older and resident in South Africa.
- These rules may be amended by notification at any time during the Competition, and will be interpreted by Promoter only. Participation by all entrants (“Participants”) constitutes acceptance of these rules.
- The Competition begins on 1 December 2012 and ends on 31 January 2013 (“Competition Period”).
- The main prize is a Castle Lite sponsored golf day for the winning club. This will include Castle Lite stock, promoters, and an activation setup with relevant prizes tailored for the specific golf club. Only clubs within the borders of South Africa are eligible for this prize.
- For a golf club to qualify for this main prize, their members must accumulate points. The golf club with the highest average points per round of golf played by their members wins the main prize.In order for the club to be eligible a minimum of 80 Castle Lite Challenge rounds must be entered over the two months.
Scores can be entered via the Handicaps Network Africa terminals, the Golfer Login profile on the hna.openagency.co website, the SAGA Golf iPhone App or by a golfer’s home club for all rounds played up until 31 January 2013.
Points are scored as follows: Opening a round – 1 point; Entering a score within the 72 hour window – 1 point; Exceptional round – 5 points; and entering a score equal to or better than your handicap by one or two strokes – 2 points.
Limit of 2 rounds (first 2) per week, and participants can view their accumulated points and the position of their club on the handicaps terminal and the Castle Lite tab on the hna.openagency.co website as they progress. In the event of a tied first place, a random draw will be held among the tied first position holders to determine which club wins the main prize.
If a member changes clubs (from club A to club B, for instance) then all points earned for club A while a member of club A will stay in club A. The moment he/she becomes a member of club B, all points from this date onwards will count towards club B.
Only points of active participants of the Castle Lite Club Challenge will count towards the ranking of the golf clubs. Points earned by players who decided not to participate in this competition will not count.
- The winning club will be notified telephonically by 15 February 2013.
- There are also the following prizes to be won by individual participants each month during the Competition Period, to be randomly drawn from all active participants (weighted in favour of those with more points):1 x Castle Lite-branded Togbag + 1 case of Castle Lite beer – 5 winners per Region each month.
- The prizes cannot be transferred or exchanged for their cash value.
- Promoter may make media announcements / publications of the names / photographs of Winner/s, provided that any Winner/s may expressly elect to decline this. Promoter reserves the right to carry out audits in respect of any Winner/s to verify their eligibility.
- All Participants and Winners indemnify Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) and agents, against any / all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever connected to or arising out of their participation in any way in this Competition.